<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Steering
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
n3pht
Wed Feb 24 2010, 11:26PM
NCK Officer

Registered Member #8
I have the flat top knuckles and the arms (there flat )

should i use heim joints or should I go with tre style joints ? If I go tre I need to drill the taper in the arms .

I found a kit for the heim joints comes with everything for around $200

Input is welcome

87 Suzuki Samrai
STOCK

PAVED ROADS ANOTHER WASTE OF GOVERNMENT SPENDING
NC-Fordguy
Wed Feb 24 2010, 11:46PM
Webmaster

Registered Member #2
I've been pondering what to do on my 74 and eventually the 73 project in the barn....Heims or something else. I'm going to do a tie rod over conversion (TRO)

The something else that seems to be common on the broncos boards is a chevy 1-ton tie rod end. If the tre ever needs to be replaced for some reason(ie breakage) they can be found at any parts store. The debate of which is better gets heated on the bronco boards. I think that's more of an issue of putting chevy parts on a ford more than anything else

My delima in this is I don't trust my welding skills enough in such a critical area.

Complete off road and other venders sell a kit that you just bolt up. All the fab work is done. I might just go that route.

No Hablos Jeep

If it doesn't make sense, do it
n3pht
Thu Feb 25 2010, 08:28PM
NCK Officer

Registered Member #8
My only reason for heims is because of the flat arm ,which I think i will need a high mis-aline washer ,who has a tre tap ? I'm not above putting cheby one tons but I gotta drill the arms out ..

87 Suzuki Samrai
STOCK

PAVED ROADS ANOTHER WASTE OF GOVERNMENT SPENDING

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF