<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Need HELP bad vibration (shaking)
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
992door
Sun Aug 23 2009, 01:58PM
Registered Member #251
Did not know where to put this

When driving down the road if i give it medium to heavy throttle when it gets to around 55-60 it just starts shaking violently (sp?) so much that i have to get off the throttle and it feels like it has lost alot of power. BUT when i let off the throttle i can not feel it doing it anymore. So i let it slow down until about 50 or so and it i get back on the throttle REALLY light it will go past 55-60 without doing it. I thought it might be missing but i has not thrown any codes of any sort. It has been doing this for a little over a year but before it would only do it at like 70 and i would never go 70 so i would forget about it. HELP!! it is getting anoying. The more that it does the more it feels like the motor. Because the last few times it has done it I started paying attention to it more and i can hear a different tone from the exhaust.

Forgot to add it is a 99 chevrolet 2 door tahoe with the 5.7 and 160,000 miles on it. I have had the transmission rebuilt this year and the rear end a month ago was rebuilt
NC-Fordguy
Tue Aug 25 2009, 06:37PM
Webmaster

Registered Member #2
I'm a little confused here....is the shaking you're describing coming from the engine or the drivetrain or perhaps the front end???

No Hablos Jeep

If it doesn't make sense, do it
rockcity
Tue Aug 25 2009, 10:23PM

Registered Member #21
check the u joints in the rear AND front driveshafts.

maybe the rear slip yoke?

www.ECORS.com
992door
Thu Aug 27 2009, 10:09PM
Registered Member #251
NC-Fordguy wrote ...

I'm a little confused here....is the shaking you're describing coming from the engine or the drivetrain or perhaps the front end???

I am confused to i am having a hard time about telling where it is coming from i am thinking motor more that drivetrain

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF