NCKrawlers :: Forums :: NCK Tech Forums :: General Tech

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Transfer case ????
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
87 YJ
Fri Jul 10 2009, 11:24AM
Registered Member #252
was checking the fluid level in jeep wrangler T-case (231) and noticed some play in it moves from side to side I didnt know if it was suppose to be solid or should it have some play in it . I inoticed I when loosening the bolt to check fluid You can move it from side to side with your hands under moderate pressure. I just didnt know if it should move at all or not???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mud4me
Fri Jul 10 2009, 01:00PM

Registered Member #143
What is "it"? If your talking about the transfer case itself there really should not be any movement. You may see some movement if you have worn out transmission and motor mounts but I'm not sure. The transfer case is bolted directly to the transmission so it should be solid.

Two Jeeps one Samurai
No $$$
rockcity
Fri Jul 10 2009, 09:58PM

Registered Member #21
yeah, the transfercase shouldn't have any movement in it unless like Len said the mounts are worn out.

Check the bolts from it to the Transmission to insure they are tight. If they are, check the bolts at the bellousing and at the back of the block. Still tight? Then check your motor and transmission mounts.

www.ECORS.com

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF