NCKrawlers :: Forums :: We Done Did It :: Past Trail Reports

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
April 17th-19th UNF run...
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
ord.sgt.26NC
Mon Apr 20 2009, 05:52AM
Registered Member #23
here is my email to the Ridge Runner's site about our run up sunday...

I think we all need this weekend...

Daniel is a little tougher on me this year.I had to be pulled over the first ledge but given a little time,it will wear to what the second is. When I lined up on the second ledge,I hollered at Ed to get his rig ready to pull me over but somehow I hit it right and lumped up over it the first try.I got spooked with all the water coming off the hill and it was muddy after Ed had to work to get up it.I guess the rocks were right for my tires to catch.The rock garden right now has only the center and right lines to do.I did the right and had a blast.

To let you know how the first ledge is,it is covered with dry powdery dirt with mud/water mixed in other parts.The center is a 2 foot step up with the right more wedge shape but covered with talcum powder.Ed had to winch up it,Len crawled right over,W.G. worked it over and Mike made it with not too much struggling.

mud4me
Mon Apr 20 2009, 02:12PM

Registered Member #143
We had a good weekend although 6 am Sunday was a bit early. We had a good time riding the trails w/everyone. The only trail damage on my rig was a broken winch cable, caused by some tomfoolery, all the pre-URE repairs held up nicely. I took some decent video and will try to get it available asap.

Two Jeeps one Samurai
No $$$
tomasmagus
Mon Apr 20 2009, 08:22PM
NCK Member

Registered Member #26
It was a great weekend, always too short but at least there was no major trail damage. The only damage I had was with my camping equipment, my new maglight blew a bulb the first five minutes I was there and my trusty old tent bit the dust this time. BTW if anyone has any pics of the trip I would love to get some copy's.
NC-Fordguy
Mon Apr 20 2009, 08:45PM
Webmaster

Registered Member #2
Good times!!!

Had a blast!!

No Hablos Jeep

If it doesn't make sense, do it
ord.sgt.26NC
Tue Apr 21 2009, 05:48AM
Registered Member #23
here is Sherrie's report on the weekend.It's a good write up.

Okay gang, here it is.
We got together with the NC Krawlers Saturday and went for the trails. There was Sandy, Jason, Erika/Mike and myself from our group and then there was Jimmy, WG (G Dubba lol), David, Lynn/Shania/Nikoli, Ed, Mike/Amy from the Krawlers. We started at Wolf Den and headed towards Falls Dam. The first bit of fun was watching WG take his buggy into the big mudpit, get all the way into it and discovering he forgot to lock his hubs. The mud was deep enough to cover the inside flooring. He skillfully got out on the rock guards and locked the one hub and got out without assistance. Then we watched some folks at the double hill curve mudpit (we really need to come up with a name for it). Jimmy played with the crowds mind by inching up into the first hole but stopping short of just hitting the front of his bumper on the wall. He said he couldn't go any further forward. WG attempted the 2nd hole but wasn't able to pop the tires up out of the hole so he moved on the slick shiny bump on the side. Moving on we continued down to Dickey Bell (don't anything really happened inbetween those two). On Dickey Bell we get to mini-Daniel and it was crowded (the whole place was crowded - haven't seen that in 3 years since they started cracking down on the laws)! We got to the top and it turns out that Ed's transmission plug popped out - don't know how or why. So Jimmy races to the store in his Willy's with the winsheild down to save the day. So we had a long lunch. We then carried on to Rocky Mount. WG and I attempted the "mini" ledge (need to rename it too) and our lines on Kodak but this was crazy busy too. The line of vehicles stretched from the waiting spot at Kodak to the ledge (literally). There were some interesting shows and a real moron. Right behind me was a fella who had been drinking - after breaking his track bar, he seemed to want to do in his diff by ramming it several times into a rock in the alley. His buddies tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen. CRAZY! After that it was about 4:30 so we headed back to camp. We had a wonderful dinner at Zeno's (14 of us) and it wasn't their best night but it still filled us up. Sunday the Krawlers headed back out around 7am to hit Daniel and avoid the traffic on there.
NC-Fordguy
Tue Apr 21 2009, 10:40PM
Webmaster

Registered Member #2
I did my monthly visit over to nc 4x4 reading up on the weekends events

Good call out on the moron we saw saturday at kodak, Jimmy. Hopefully for societys' sake, he does not pro-create

On another note, I have a set blue channel locks that are not mine. They ended up in my bag after the Mcdonalds parking lot reapair

No Hablos Jeep

If it doesn't make sense, do it
ord.sgt.26NC
Tue Apr 21 2009, 10:45PM
Registered Member #23
I need to go to bed but I am spun up now and egging it on.Got folks agtually wanting to bury it so others won't see or hear about.Ed,I need my pamprin right now.
ord.sgt.26NC
Tue Apr 21 2009, 11:07PM
Registered Member #23
I guess the folks at NC4x4 didn't like what was being discussed and have canned the whole conversation.Oh well.I just read and don't post much over there.
mud4me
Wed Apr 22 2009, 01:20PM

Registered Member #143
Well, I just started a new thread in "General Chit Chat" asking why the mods were giving the idiot a free pass. I guess I'll be banned next.

Two Jeeps one Samurai
No $$$
Sher
Thu Apr 23 2009, 11:10AM
Registered Member #189
I saw Shinton's reply to your post, I posted something on one of the other Past Events threads and they deleted it too. I didn't get to see the responses after mine. I stated facts and didn't go ugly but I guess they aren't wanting to "hear" it. I tried to talk about the laws and the consequences. Oh well.

Sher
'02 TJ, 4 1/2" lift, 33's, open diffs front and rear
mud4me
Thu Apr 23 2009, 12:41PM

Registered Member #143
Based on their response to me, it should have been moved to the garage, not deleted.

Two Jeeps one Samurai
No $$$
mud4me
Tue Apr 28 2009, 01:39PM

Registered Member #143
Ok, here is my first video from the trip. Sorry it has taken so long but I had to figure out how to make my video software and YouTube play nice. There will be more to follow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8uwFQNIUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4EttoBHNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhnPaL-wfHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Twg4VwCYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJUsbtEkTqQ

[ Edited Wed Apr 29 2009, 05:10PM ]

Two Jeeps one Samurai
No $$$
ZJmom
Tue Apr 28 2009, 02:16PM
Registered Member #234
Looks good Len!
tomasmagus
Wed Apr 29 2009, 12:32AM
NCK Member

Registered Member #26
looks pretty sweet

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF