NCKrawlers :: Forums :: NCK Premiere Forums :: Future Trail Rides

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
powder puff race @ Gulches, Oct.
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
biggy
Thu Jul 17 2008, 10:04AM

Registered Member #11
yeah, yeah... its a girls event. (I can hear the jokes already ) Bring your old ladies and support a good cause.

http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/bb/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1627

The Powder Puff 4x4 Charity Event is on October 18th 2008 Yes we have gotten verbal approval from the Shriners Hospitals for Children to allow us to raise money for this worth while institution. As soon as I have the written permission and all details are settled we will start to publicize this event. I want this to be the biggest event ever. If you are not familiar with these hospitals check them out on their web site www.shrinershospitals.org No child with devastating diseases or burns are turned away no matter what their financial status. I am very proud to be able to do what we can with this event to help this organization. We are going to need vehicles to compete. I know I say this a lot but the courses will be exciting for our audience but we will do what we can to make sure no one breaks. This event should bring many new people out to see what our hobby is all about. Shriners and their families, hospital employees, and donors who have never been exposed to this sport will be there to support this cause and see the Ladies compete. Many of you brought your vehicles to compete for 25 bonus points. Here is an opportunity for you to do something much more valuable. Donate your vehicle for one more event for the betterment of children with a very raw deal who need the help these hospitals provide.

Donations will come from three areas. I am going to ask the ladies to gather pledges of donations from their friends, neighbors, relatives and co workers. Ask them to sign up for x amount of money per point that you earn in the event. This is an opportunity to get back for all the Girl Scout cookies, Xmas cards and wrap and school candy bars you have been asked to buy in the past. (donor pledge sign up sheets will be available soon) Separate from that Gulches is going to hold a raffle on that day in which Gulches will donate 100% of the raffle proceeds. I personally will donate at least 10% of the gate. Please start talking this up and priming folks for this great cause.

it's a '51...it's just been modified some

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF