NCKrawlers :: Forums :: We Done Did It :: Past Trail Reports

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
2nd Annual 4x4 Poker Run
Moderators: Administrator, NC-Fordguy, KrawlinYJ
Author Post
Sher
Fri May 16 2008, 08:26AM
Registered Member #189
Hello everyone. I wanted to let everyone know that High Country Help Center will be having it's 2nd Annual 4x4 Poker Run July 5th at URE. Camping is free, best hand wins $100, worst wins $50. There will be a 50/50 drawing and a raffle. Prizes for the raffle include a $100 Herculiner gift certificate, multiple tool bags and shirts and gloves from Ergodyne, and HTW Alliance said they are giving something. I am waiting to hear from some others yet for the raffle. Other ideas came up that I'm working on but aren't set in stone, one is having a Gem find for the kids sponsored by Jims Gems and Gold (nice guy and name is Jim Jones LOL), having a bonfire at King's Point and having BBQ and entertainment while watching fireworks on the Lake. Like I said most of this is in the works. Right now, all of this benefits High Country Help Center, a non-profit that is in the start-up phase and will provide free crisis intervention, short-term counseling and information and referral to the NW counties of NC. Of course, anyone who calls will be served. If you have more questions about the Poker Run or about the agency, just ask. Here is the website that I've started working up: http://highcountryhelpcenter.wikispaces.com/High+Country+Help+Center Sign up for the event will be required so I can have numbers for the forestry. Thanks in advance!

Sher
'02 TJ, 4 1/2" lift, 33's, open diffs front and rear
Sher
Sat Jun 21 2008, 02:30PM
Registered Member #189
Just to give everyone an update:
There will be a Gem Find for the kids July 4th (great distraction while you're getting camp set up). $2/bag or $5/3bags. Kids will get to pan for the gems, fossils and other items themselves. That evening, those that want to watch Fireworks on the lake can head to King's Point to watch. The pavalion isn't reserved but there are other spots around the lake where we can watch. The next day will be the Poker Run and raffle. A great family event. Hope to see some there.

Sher
'02 TJ, 4 1/2" lift, 33's, open diffs front and rear

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF